1. A deposit of the amount stated is required at the time of booking and must be paid either by credit or debit card or bank transfer. You will receive confirmation of your payment by email.
2. If you are booking within 4 weeks of the start date, please make payment in full.
3. The balance of the cost of the workshop will be due 4 weeks before the workshop start date for all workshops. If full payment is not received by the specified date, Ian Middleton Photography reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
Cancellation of booking
4. If your workshop is cancelled for any reason by me then a full refund will be given, or you will have the chance to join another group. Should you cancel for any reason after payment has been made then a full refund will be given up to one week before the workshop date, but after that a full refund will only be given if I have a minimum of three people on the date of your booking.
Changes to workshops and workshop cancellation
5. Group workshops will only operate with a minimum of three photographers unless stated otherwise by Ian Middleton. In the event of your workshop being cancelled by Ian Middleton due to there being less than three participants you will be offered a place on an alternative workshop, a credit to your account of the amount you have paid which you can then use on a future workshop, or a full refund. If the alternative workshop you book is cheaper, I will refund the difference, and if it is more expensive, you will be required to pay the balance.
6. Ian Middleton Photography reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop due to under-booking or force majeure (defined as unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions). In the event of any cancellation by Ian Middleton Photography a place on an alternative workshop will be offered, a credit to your account of the amount you have paid which you can then use on a future workshop, or a full refund. If the alternative workshop you book is cheaper, I will refund the difference, and if it is more expensive, you will be required to pay the balance. Ian Middleton Photography will not provide refunds for any accommodation booked by a client in the event of a workshop cancellation or refund the cost of any travel arrangements (e.g. flights, trains, taxis) made by the client. For this, please contact your insurance company
7. Please note that any itinerary is an outline only, and may be changed due to weather conditions, etc. The workshops I run require flexibility and must allow for alternatives.
8. In the event that I am unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond my control, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 6 will come into effect.
9. If you have any special dietary requirements, or other requests, you should inform me at the time of booking. I will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved. Customers should have adequate insurance in place for the duration of the course and the activities undertaken. The insurance should cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses, personal accident, injury and death. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment. All applicants participate at their own risk and Ian Middleton Photography accepts no responsibility for injury or damage done to their persons or property.
11. Ian Middleton Photography does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
12. Ian Middleton Photography does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
Ian Middleton Photography reserves the right to assess whether you; the Client, or any individuals in your particular party, can be safely accommodated on a workshop. Ian Middleton Photography has absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the workshop.
13. Please note that suitably qualified medical personnel do not accompany the tours & workshops. Neither Ian Middleton Photography nor any of its employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Ian Middleton Photography to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the workshop.
14. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform me on, or before booking, whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
15. Ian Middleton Photography reserves the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
16. Ian Middleton Photography shall not be responsible to the Client for any loss or damage arising from the negligent act or omission of any third party supplier or service provider or their employees or agents.
17. Ian Middleton Photography will not be held responsible for the performance or non-performance of any third party supplier or service provider. In the event that a third party supplier or service provider does not meet the expectations of the Client, Ian Middleton Photography cannot be held responsible for any inadequate or unsatisfactory service supplied by a third party.
18. Ian Middleton Photography accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
19: We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old, unless accompanied by a fully paying adult
20. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the workshop leader thus giving the leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
21. By completing the online booking, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.